Monday, June 20, 2016

ART FRAME tutorial by Asmah

Hi there! It's me Asmah once again and this is my last tutorial for the term that I would like to share with you today.
I used basic ingredients to start with and wrapped up with butterfly and sentiment as always.
Let's get started, shall we. 
I used wooden frame and took off the glass and backing sheet to replace it with sturdy chipboard cut into the size of the glass and place the backing sheet once again.
Gesso was applied all over the surface and let dry.
 I gathered some paper straws, twine, gauze and kraft paper to adhere on the front to create patterns and texture.
 A layer of gesso was applied all over the top once again and dried with heat gun.
 Next step is to apply modeling paste through crisscrossed ARTplorations stencil randomly around the frame.
 This is how it looks like after it is completely dried.
 My favorite step of all is always coloring process. It takes so much layering of colors, spritzing and color changes until I get true satisfaction towards the end.
 As you can see here, I have added sentiment from STAMPlorations Art Is stamp set and stamped a butterfly from Trendy Butterflies stamp set.
 And here's a little close up. 
I sincerely hope you have enjoyed my quick and easy tutorial today.
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your time.

Hugs and smiles,

2 comments:

  1. Loved it ,the mix of textures n deapth with coloring the end result is Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it ,the mix of textures n deapth with coloring the end result is Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog